Art by Susan Rios
INGREDIENTS- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cooking apples, peeled and sliced
DIRECTIONS
Put flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
Cut in or rub in butter until crumbly. Make a well in center.
In another bowl, beat the egg until frothy.
Mix in milk and vanilla then pour into well. Stir just enough to moisten.
Pour into greased 8 X 8 cake pan. Push apples well into batter close together.
TOPPING
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over top.
Bake in 350 deg. F oven for 50-60 min. until it begins to shrink from edge of pan. Serves 9.












2 comments:
This is such a pretty place to visit...so inviting. I love the peace that it shares...with the quaint pictures. I look forward to using your recipes in my little kitchen. Thank you so much for sharing!
Your blog is so inviting..and I love your header...Stopping by to say Happy Mother's Day...
Have a few hours to blog hop and nothing makes me happier.
I have a GREAT GIVEAWAY that I will be drawing for on Sunday night.
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment