Thursday, February 19, 2009

Welcome to Stillmeadow Cottage

Easy Living by Dwayne Warwick

~ Welcome to STILLMEADOW COTTAGE ~

"The mind makes many journeys,

but the heart stays home."

~ Gladys Taber ~

I've always loved the wonderful series of books
about Gladys Taber's adventures in her wonderful home
known to her readers as STILLMEADOW
~ I've named my cottage in honour of this special place.

My cottage is where I store recipes
for all
sorts of tasty dishes that are family favourites.

Sometimes I also share what I'm working on
from my *
craft basket* or a project that is finished.

Blessings to all who pop in for a little visit . . .

13 comments:

Lady Farmer said...

Hello Dallas!
How beautiful! I love your homey cottage images. I will be checking in often to see what you have been cookin' up!
I have been wanting to do something similar with my blog.
You have given me inspiration to follow through.
Blessings!

Stillmeadow Cottage said...

Lady Farmer,

Thanks! I fell in love with this artist's work as soon as I saw the cozy dining room painting on Michele's site *Whatsoever Things Are Lovely* and I went on a search to find more :o)

I decided to make a spot where our most used and favourite could go so that if I ever refer to one on my regular blog, I can simply give the link and people can visit here to view the recipe if they're interested.

I'm glad you're now insprired to follow through with what you've been wanting to do :o)

Blessings!
Dallas

Lady Laura said...

Wow, Dallas you're on a roll. I LOVE your original blog and was thrilled to see that you now have your own Etsy shop. This new (or second) blog is simply beautiful! You always manage to find the prettiest images. I especially like the apple blossom china at the bottom of this layout.

Anonymous said...

Great minds think alike! As you know I started another blog this week too.

I *love* the header picture, you did a good job--I'll probably end up using it for a header myself some time.

I look forward to what you'll share with us. (o:

Stillmeadow Cottage said...

Lady Laura,

Thanks so much for your sweet comments :o)

I first saw the header painting on Michele's blog *Whatsoever Things are Lovely* and just fell in love with the cozy room!

The Royal Albert *Apple Blossom China* remind me of my GR grandma who used to have them :o)

***

Michele,

They do :o) I tried a recipe blog before but it just didn't work out at that time so I gave up.

I love Alison Griffin's way of painting and am grateful to you for discovering her in the 1st place :o)

~*~

Blessings to each of you,
Dallas

sherry said...

Did you find the Alison Griffin paintings on allposters? I searched but her name didn't come up? Is there another source for her work? Thanks so much.

Stillmeadow Cottage said...

Jane,

No there are none at AllPosters.

Just do a Google search and you'll find a very few sites that display some of her works.

Blessings,
Dallas

Mo said...

I just finished two books by G. Taber that were a gift. I'm at a loss at what to read now. I LOVE her books before bed.

Stillmeadow Cottage said...

Mobunny,

I love Mrs Taber's books any time of day but especially before bed :o)

Check your library to see if they have any of hers -- there are so many that were written!

Blessings,
Dallas

HOPE said...

How did I ever miss this lovely site!!

Thank you for the kind comment about the Ladies Luncheon...I'm glad you enjoyed the photos. Wish you'd been there too!

Hugs..
HOPE

Stillmeadow Cottage said...

Hope,

I haven't logged in here for quite awhile, between my 1 month trip and being sick with a terrible cold since I returned almost 3 weeks ago!

Your comment was a surprise and most welcome ~ you've spurred me on to post a little more regularly at this one :o)

Blessings,
Dallas

HOPE said...

Dear Dallas..where do you find these gorgeous pictures on your blog, are they free..and I love your signature.

So pretty!!

HOPE~

Stillmeadow Cottage said...

Hope,

Thanks!

My signature is in the Edwardian Script style and you can make your own at
http://www.mylivesignature.com/mls_menu.php

I find most of my pictures at allposters.com but many of the main ones at this blog are by a British Artist by the name of Alison Griffin.

I did a Google search for 1 painting and came up with the others -- I couldn't find a site to give her full credit but put it at the bottom right side of the blog credits :o)

Have a delightful weekend with those dear to your heart ...
Dallas

Post a Comment