I only wish I hadn't thought of doing it this way much sooner when ALL my children were still living at home and I used to make omelets for all of us with a frying pan . . . which took a much longer time and some had to wait a bit or get half now and half later :o)
6 eggs
other INGREDIENTS AS DESIRED, in your chosen amounnt:
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Diced ham; sausage; bacon
- Mushrooms
- Green peppers
- Onions
LAYER ingredients in pan and cover lastly with cheese.
BEAT eggs and 3 Tbsp. milk [I use water] and pour over other all.
BAKE at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.










2 comments:
I never thought of doing them like that! I love adding cheese and salsa to ours. :)
I've been married almost 3 years now and just started learning "homemaking" when I married (I was, unfortunately, a spoiled only child who never had to do domestic duties). Consequently, I like adding twists to old ways of doing things because I have the tendency to be lazy (sigh). For instance, I figured out that a super quick way to make deviled egg sandwhiches is to just scramble the egg and add mayo..lol. My husband and I can't tell the difference! I also learned that you can cook bacon in the oven. It turns out delicious! I spent the first year of marriage "bacon-less" because I hated being popped by the sizzling grease while frying it the old way.
I've come a long way though and do enjoy housekeeping. All I ever truly wanted to be was a wife and mom (although I learned quickly not to tell people that if I didn't want them to stare at me funny). :) Blogs like yours and others out there are a tremendous help to me with learning domestic skills! Thanks so much!
Lisa,
In all my 29 years of marriage, I never thought of making an omelet this way until I read something online and tried it several days ago!
So much easier -- no standing at the stove and no multiple omelets when there are several people :o)
I chuckled over your *bacon-less* story and know just what you mean when you know that people are going to wonder if you're *alright* when you tell them you want to be a wife and mommy!
I still have to remind myself after all these years that it is God's chosen profession for His own and that it is truly a *sacred calling* :o)
Blessings to you,
Dallas
Post a Comment