- 1/2 lb. ground beef [I used 1 pound lean]
- 2 1/2 c. canned tomatoes [I used diced tomatoes]
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 c. chopped cabbage [I used some frozen corn]
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 c. uncooked macaroni
- 1/2 c. grated cheese [I used cheddar]
- 1 tsp. salt [I used only a dash]
-Blend Worcestershire sauce and salt into tomatoes.
-Add frozen corn and macaroni to meat in skillet.
-Cover and reduce heat. Simmer 15 to 30 minutes.
-Sprinkle cheese over top.

We enjoyed this so much that I made it again today :o)
I did it from memory [NOT necessarily a good thing] and forgot to add Worcestershire sauce and a dash of salt and it didn't matter at all to the taste!
This time I also added some chopped green peppers and sliced fresh mushrooms.
Simply because my skillet is too cumbersome to drain the cooked ground beef, I browned the meat, onions, green peppers and mushrooms on the stove before transfering them to the heated skillet.
We sat down to supper and were enjoying it BEFORE I remembered to take an *after* photo ~ so here's a shot of what a partially empty skillet looks like :o)
I guess that tells you that it was delicious!










5 comments:
This recipe is a very interesting combination of ingredients. I'm going to try it with the cabbage, because we love cabbage!
Dallas, this blog is beautiful! I'll be back often!
Susan
Dallas,
I love your recipe blog. It is so beautiful, and I love all the homey, cozy pictures. The header looks like a house where I would like to live!! This recipe sounds very yummy, and easy to fix. Thank you for sharing!
Susan,
If I'd had cabbage on hand, I would have used it because my husband and I love it too :o)
Thanks for the sweet comments about this new blog venture :o)
***
Susan B,
Thanks for the sweet comments! When I first saw this painting of Michele's blog Whatsoever Things are Lovely, I fell in love with the room and wanted to find more by the artist Alison Griffin!
I did and that's when I decided to give a recipe blog another try :o)
Hmmm methinks this will be made this week. A cozy supper for our still rainy days.
Jane,
It was so easy to do and so tasty with the diced tomatoes cooking right into the raw macaroni as it simmered ... enjoy!
Dallas
Post a Comment