Monday, February 23, 2009

Recent Crocheted Cloths

An assortment of my most recent crocheted cloths which are great for either the kitchen or the bath!

Not only do I enjoy making them but they are great to carry in my purse if I have to wait at the Doctor's office or while getting our car serviced :o)





































7 comments:

Mo said...

I always try to carry something around in case I get 'stuck?' somewhere........there is always room to crochet!

Stillmeadow Cottage said...

Mobunny,

There is definitely always room to crochet and I love it :o)

Lori said...

I just love your blog and I also love your crochet cloths..would you share your patterns for them with me? I just love them!!

Stillmeadow Cottage said...

Lori,

I don't bother using patterns ~ the ones pictured are double crocheted in various ways ~ either through both loops on hook or simply through the front loop or weaving back and forth.

The circle on is double crochet with mini scalloped trim :o)

It's something I love to do anytime of year as I can pick it up and put it down virtually ANYWHERE!!

Lori said...

Thank you for answering me. :) I will just have to play around with it then..I was knitting my dishcloths but I got a trigger thumb and crochet seems like it will be less painful for me. So I am excited to try. I hope mine turn out as nice as yours. I don't know about weaving back and forth, I have never heard of that.

Stillmeadow Cottage said...

Lori,

By *weaving back and forth* I mean do a regular foundation row, then, INSTEAD of doing your crochet stitch through BOTH LOOPS on the hook, do the 1st stitch through the FRONT LOOP and the 2nd stitch through the BACK LOOP and continue back and forth to the end ...

The other one that I love is going through ONLY the FRONT LOOPS for the entire cloth :o)

Have a great time giving them a try!

Lori said...

Oh thank you so very much for sharing how to do this, I am so eager to try it! So kind of you to share what you do, I really appreciate it. :)
Hugs and God's blessings!

Post a Comment