Saturday, July 11, 2009

Comfy Kitchen Even in Summer

Becaue we're back to HOT, HUMID weather, I used the oven this morning and cooked not only a roast beef but a small whole chicken.

We had steak on the BBQ for supper so I have set aside some of the sliced roast beef for sandwiches for my husband to take to work and some for a cold cut supper of fresh veggies and salads.

I'll set aside some of the chicken for sandwiches as well and use some for a lunch for myself to make a chicken fajita and the rest in a casserole that I can microwave.

It was all over and done with before the house really had a chance to get too hot!!

Because I have to be very careful about my sodium intake and my husband is being careful about his cholesterol -- both major ingredients in processed deli meats -- this will be something I do all summer when I need sliced sandwich meat :o)

Blessings,


*Comfy Kitchen* by Erin Dertner

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious! I love the photo's you use for your blog. God bless,Rose

Anonymous said...

Great ideas!

Stillmeadow Cottage said...

Rose,

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave me a sweet comment!

***

Michele,

Thanks! They have worked out great and I'll be doing it repeatedly over the summer.

Last night I made 6 pork chops in my skillet and had 3 for supper.

Tonight I cut up the meat from the other 3 and used it with parboiled, diced potatoes for a 'hash' ...

~*~

Blessings to both of you,
Dallas

Post a Comment