Sunday, February 22, 2009

Banana Muffins

I don't know about your experience, but I find that any bananas that I buy ripen really fast, so I usually end up making a batch of these moist banana muffins every week :o)














2 large or 3 small bananas PLUS 1 cup of sugar, MASHED TOGETHER.
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • pinch salt
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 1 egg
ADD oil and beaten egg to banana-sugar mixture.
BLEND dry ALREADY BLENDED ingredients to wet mixture.
MIX well but do NOT overdo.

At this point, I usually vary the muffins by what I have on hand at that time.

I always add a handful of walnuts but you could add other kinds.
I often toss in a handful of either chocolate chips or white or butterscotch chips.

IF I am short 1 banana, I add a couple of teaspoons full of jam or marmalade or chop up a bit of canned peaches ... anything to give it that extra bit of moisture.

LOAF = Bake @350 until done, about 1 hour
MUFFINS = Bake @350 for 20-30 minutes depending on the size of muffin pans used.

2 comments:

sherry said...

I like the idea of butterscotch chips in banana muffins. Mmmm. :o)

I *love* this new blog with the recipes and pictures - they're beautiful and cast such a welcome glow on this new little site.

I've saved Stillmeadow Cottage to my recipe favorites and will return to spend a bit more time here. :o)

Stillmeadow Cottage said...

Jane,

Believe me, they are delicious with those butterscotch chips!

Thanks for the kind words about my new recipe+ blog :o)

Have a great day!
Dallas

Post a Comment