Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Pie for Supper!

We had a friend over for supper on Monday evening and I made spaghetti, using my slow cooker to simmer my homemade sauce all day :o)

Well, today at supper, rather than just heating up the spaghetti, I found this recipe for SPAGHETTI PIE and we had it with leftover corn on the cob and garden salads.


SPAGHETTI PIE - I had originally made a 500g box of pasta.

To leftover noodles, ADD --
  • 2 Tbsp margarine
  • 2 beaten eggs [** in future, I'll only use 1 beaten egg]
  • 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
MIX and PLACE in pie plate to make crust bottom and sides.

SPREAD reheated meat sauce over the noodles.

BAKE at 350 for 15 minutes.

SPRINKLE mozzarella cheese to your liking over top of pie and bake for 10 more minutes. [I moved the oven rack to the top for the last few minutes and put on broiler so cheese would be golden brown and slightly crispy]

** The bottom wasn't as crispy or *stuck together* as it should have been, so I think 1 beaten egg will be much better!

Here's the link for the photo [I forgot to take one] and for a recipe that you can make from scratch when you don't have any LEFTOVER spaghetti waiting to be used ...


Bon Appetit :o)

4 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Good Morning, Dallas!

I have made spaghetti pie and really enjoyed it. I have posted a photo for another variation (uses just 1 egg) at All Recipes: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Three-Cheese-Spaghetti-Pie/Detail.aspx

The recipe calls for a pie crust but the reviewers have made it without one with good results.

Wishing you a happy weekend!

Stillmeadow Cottage said...

Thanks for the link! I checked it out and realize I probably won't be making it anytime soon as my son does NOT like cottage cheese and such :o(

Blessings to you as this week draws to a close :o)
Dallas

HOPE said...

Guess what I'm making for dinner tomorrow!!

The pie "crust" sounds yummy!

Thanks for sharing this!

HOPE~

Stillmeadow Cottage said...

Hope,

How did you enjoy it?

Post a Comment